Integrating scar tissue into the fascial web.
Do you have old, recent, unsightly or painful scars?
Scar work, as developed by long time Rolfer Sharon Wheeler, is a non-invasive, usually painless treatment that can be done within a Rolfing® session or as a standalone session with some integration work, depending on size of scar.
Benefits of Scar Work:
- Improves feel and functionality of old and new scars
- Reduces pain and numbness
- Improves mobility of scar
- Promotes healing on the scar surface
- Often improves cosmetic appearance (smaller, lighter, smoother)
- Reduces adhesions in the underlying tissue
- Usually resolves lingering chronic nerve dysfunction
All kinds of scars from very old to newly healed can be treated using scar work, including scarring from:
- Hip and knee replacements
- Burns and scalds
- Skin grafts
- Facial scarring (from surgery or injury)
- Foot surgery
- Abdominal surgery including appendectomies, gall bladder removals,hysterectomies
- Mastectomies, full and partial
- Spinal surgery including discectomy
- Achilles and patellar tendon surgery
- Injuries caused by car accidents
- Portacath and tube/drain sites
- Tummy tucks and other cosmetic surgeries such as breast reduction/enlargement
Please contact me for further information about pricing and booking an appointment.
Certified Advanced Rolfer™
Rolf Movement Practitioner™
ScarWork Therapy Practitioner
SourcePoint Therapy Practitioner™
Yoga Teacher BWY Diploma
Somatic Experiencing Practitioner™ (SEP)